Sunday 12 April 2009



This a card I loved making. It is for the competition run by papercraft inspirations magazine, for a chance to be on Dawn Bibby's qvc program.  I had a to make a birthday card inspired by one of Dawns favourite things. She loves handbags so off I went!
I used a mirri card a4 base, run through my big shot twice, using the swiss dots cuttlebug folder.
I then hand cut a bag out of pink and black patterned paper, and used a maya road chipboard piece as I handle- first embossing it in the big shot and colouring it with pink radiant rain
 pearlesant paint.
I cut an intricate frill from hologram card on my big shot and stuck it on the bottom of the bag, and highlighted the bag with punched flowers, and polka dot organza ribbon. A happy birthday stamped on a scrap of miri card, matted with matching paper to the bag and I was almost finished.
I then stamped a few bags on the envelope and a few florishes and bags inside the card and wrote and sent it! I hope i win!
happy days
jules

1 comment:

Judi M said...

The intricate frill adds a lovely touch, and the Swiss Dots folder worked great on the card base.

I hope you win, too. Wishing you the best of luck. :)